September means it's time to celebrate Mexico's independence from Spain.
Naturally, San Antonio does it right, with festivities running from August 26 until mid-October.
The City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development, along with the city's Diez y Seis de Septiembre Commissioned announced this week that 2015's calendar of events
is now available at San Antonio Public Library branch locations throughout the Alamo City.
The kick-off celebration is August 26 at 10:30 a.m. at the Plaza de Armas Gallery (115 Plaza de Armas) where attendees will receive more information about this year's events and enjoy cultural dance performances and refreshments.
Here's a few highlights:
- September 12: Avenida Guadalupe 34th Annual Parade and Festival;
- September 12, 13: Fiesta Patrias at Historic Market Square;
- September 19: Dia de los Niños
- September 19: Culture, Health & Fitness Fair
- September 19: Mariachi Concert
- September 25, 26: Bravo! Latino! Musical Performance; and
- October 5 through 11: Flamenco Fest 2015
For more information, visit GetCreativeSanAntonio.com
or call (210) 206-2787.