Craving a refreshing, minty beverage in this sweltering Texas heat? Try a mojito, a refreshing Cuban rum cocktail. In honor of National Mojito Day this July 11 (we don't know who decides these things, but we abide), we’ve gathered a few options for you to get your sip on.
- Ocho at Hotel Havana (1015 Navarro St): If you are craving a traditional Cuban Mojito, Ocho offers a mojito consisting of white rum, lime, mint, and soda. $8
- Azuca Nuevo Latino (713 S Alamo St): Stop by Azucar for Happy Hour between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. daily to enjoy the $3.50 mojito specials. These are sure to satisfy your taste buds and your wallet.
- Paloma Blanca (5800 Broadway St #300): Mojitos here come in unique flavors including mango, guava, pineapple, coconut and raspberry. Paloma Blanca’s best-selling mojito flavors are coconut and mango. Try them out or quench your thirst with the ‘09 Mojito. It features Cruzan rum, freshly squeezed lime juice, and mint. $7.95
- The Fruteria (1401 S Flores St): The “Moj-Mex” is the signature mojito here. The Fruteria puts a Mexican twist in its mojito with a little muddled lime, mint leaves shaken with Don Q, and refreshing grapefruit soda to tie it all together. Not bad for $7.
- Urban Taco (290 E Basse Rd #105): Urban Taco features La Habana, a mojito with Don Q Cristal, mint, fresh lime juice & Topochico. There is also a blueberry mojito with ruzan raspberry rum, fresh berries, mint, fresh lime juice & Topochico, a Mango Mojito with Cruzan mango rum, fresh mango, mint, fresh lime juice & Topo Chico, and lastly, a Cojito with Don Q coconut rum, mint, fresh lime juice & Topochico. $8.50-9
Did we miss your favorite? Add your go-to mojito spot in the comments below.