I don't want to give too much away before tonight's official opening of Paramour
(102 9th St., Suite 400), Downtown's first rooftop bar. But here's a quick run-through of what went through my mind for the few hours I was there last night.
1. Wear dresses at your own risk. It's a bit drafty and the chances for people seeing your chones is very high. Pun intended.
2. Last night's weather was so enjoyable, it made me wonder what fall will be like on that patio.
3. Ladies, don't miss the women's room. Just don't. Also, can I take a swatch of that gorgeous purple paint to Home Depot?
4. Go for a walk. Sure you could sit on the plush outdoor furniture, or you could walk the room and see who else is visiting.
5. Don't take the stairs. I'd be shocked if anyone took the stairs last night, but maybe I just didn't want to get extra sweaty.
6. Dressing down isn't necessarily frowned upon, but the cocktail servers are wearing adorable outfits (sleek red rompers for the evening), and the bartenders (so MANY familiar faces!) are wearing fun gingham shirts under their FoodWhore aprons. Adorable, professional, all the details — if they give a fuck, why shouldn't you?
7. Lastly, because I can literally hop-skip over to Paramour, I'll be spending way too much time there, letting the breeze hit my face and the patio bubbles relieve my stress.