1. Martians at the Halloween Sock Hop: Photos of Bizarre Vintage Costumes "Aliens, gnomes, and assorted food items made trendy costumes way back when." (The Atlantic)
2. How to Tell Scary Stories: From the Co-creator of American Horror Story "The co-creator of Emmy-winning horror anthology series American Horror Story, Brad Falchuk, talks about the sources of terror, playing with audience expectation, and how to be frighteningly good at telling scary stories." (Fast Company)
3. We Dare You To Watch These 15 Haunting GIFs "Warning: Don't sit too close to your monitor." (Newscastic)
4. This Couple Met, Fell In Love, Started Dating, And Got Engaged, All On Instagram "Truly a modern love story." (Buzzfeed)
5. 11 Scariest Horror Movies of All Time "Just in time for Halloween and exclusively for The Daily Beast, Martin Scorsese—the man who brought you Taxi Driver and The Departed—shares his favorite horror movies of all time. Plus, watch clips of the scariest scenes." (The Daily Beast)
6. Origin of the Michael Myers mask in HALLOWEEN (1978) Spoiler alert. It's a Captain Kirk mask!
7. Feeling Crabby? Just Come Look at Patrick Stewart's Halloween Costume "The man is a knight." (The Mary Sue)
8. 10 Absolutely Effortless Halloween Costume Ideas "For the get-together you didn't realize was a costume party until your host opened the door dressed as a lobster, there are costumes that require absolutely nothing but imagination (and a certain amount of pop-culture knowledge)." (Mashable)
9. ‘Parks and Recreation’s’ Nick Offerman: Manly-Man "Actor Nick Offerman, aka Ron Swanson from the TV hit “Parks and Recreation,” on becoming an actor, and being a manly-man." (WBUR)
10. 12 Delightfully Dark Drawings for Halloween "Drawings by Laurina Paperina" (Funny or Die)
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.