Vote now in the 2021 Best of San Antonio Readers Poll.

Monday, March 16, 2020

Chacho's Storage Unit Catches Fire — and It's Not the First Time

Posted By on Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:33 AM

click to enlarge GOOGLE MAPS
  • Google Maps
Emergency crews were called to a Chacho's restaurant Sunday night after its nearby storage unit caught fire.

According to multiple reports, the Leon Valley Fire Department responded to a call at the Chacho's on Poss Road around 10 p.m. Smoke was seen coming from the roof of a small building behind the eatery, one used as a storage unit.

No injuries were reported.

Authorities said the fire, which only took 10 minutes to put out, could have been caused by faulty wiring or a tossed cigarette. According to KENS 5, the same building ignited just a few months ago. Cigarettes were to blame that time.

KSAT reports damage is estimated at $25,000.

So many restaurants, so little time. Find out the latest San Antonio dining news with our Flavor Friday Newsletter.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Support Local Journalism.
Join the San Antonio Current Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the San Antonio Press Club for as little as $5 a month.

Read the Digital Print Issue

June 16, 2021

View more issues


Join SA Current Newsletters

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.


© 2021 San Antonio Current

Website powered by Foundation