For one, we caught wind that highly anticipated downtown tiki bar Hugman's Oasis had to scrap opening night reservations because the service-industry labor shortage was making it impossible to adequately staff up.
Looks like folks were also excited to learn that a pair of San Antonio chefs each landed on a different TV cooking competition. Emily Hersh, a local culinary pro who has a way with veggies, will be on one of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen franchises, while Ocho's Jesse Kuykendall will race against the clock on Food Network's Chopped.
Here are our most-read food stories of the week:
- San Antonio tiki haven Hugman’s Oasis opens Friday, but it's no longer taking reservations
- Another female chef from San Antonio will compete on one of Gordon Ramsay's cooking shows
- Tickets for Whiskey Business, San Antonio Current’s first signature event of 2021, on sale this week
- San Antonio chef Jesse Kuykendall to throw down on episode of Food Network’s Chopped this month
- San Antonio Zoo’s food-focused festival will feature live music, craft beer, wine and eats