Huzzah: All Our Brisket Is Safe For Now


The San Antonio Express-News is reporting that a wacky police chase and crime spree (no, seriously, go read it, the whole thing was insane) has led to the arrest of the alleged Brisket Bandit, Alan Meneley.

According to the report, police will be treating each meaty burglary separately, so the other three haven't been (sausage) linked yet. So far only the Feb. 21 Augie's Barbed Wire Smokehouse (not Two Bros BBQ Market, Conger's Smoke Shack or the B&B Smokehouse) break-in is tied to the suspect. 

Looks like they caught the guy. - AUGIE'S BARBED WIRE SMOKEHOUSE
Augie's Barbed Wire Smokehouse
Looks like they caught the guy.

"SAPD Sgt. Javier Salazar said the department is treating all cases of brisket theft individually unless a reason to link them is discovered. While brisket has been stolen from several locations in San Antonio recently, Meneley has only been tied to the incident at Augie’s thus far, police said."

So you can stop locking up your weekend briskets at night. Memorial Day will be safe and sound for all the 'cues. 

H/T to Mark Wilson, who reported the capture.  

Scroll to read more Flavor articles
Join the San Antonio Current Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state.
Help us keep this coverage going with a one-time donation or an ongoing membership pledge.

Newsletters

Join SA Current Newsletters

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.