The average price of gas in the Alamo City continues to descend, bottoming out at $3.21 this week, according to AAA. The decline comes just two months after the average price for a gallon of gas in Bexar County topped out at $4.68 a gallon — the highest in the county's history.
Although the average price of gas in Bexar County is still above $3, a handful of stations have already dipped below that threshold. According to a Gas Buddy tally, these are the 10 lowest price places to fill up in SA right now:
- Circle K, 4722 West Ave. – $2.75
- Circle K, 8108 Fredericksburg Road – $2.79
- Sam’s Club, 5055 NW Loop 410 – $2.95
- Walmart, 510 Kitty Hawk Road – $2.97
- H-E-B, 910 Kitty Hawk Road – $2.97
- Murphy Express, 1930 Pat Brooker Road – $2.98
- AAFES, 100 New B St. – $2.98
- Murphy Express, 853 F.M. 3009 – $2.99
- QuikTrip, 8850 Culebra Road – $2.99
- Murphy USA, 17601 Four Oaks Lane – $2.99
Other reasons for the decline include some states temporarily eliminating their gas taxes and the federal government's decision to unleash its Strategic Petroleum Reserves into the marketplace, according to CNBC.
Stay on top of San Antonio news and views. Sign up for our Weekly Headlines Newsletter.