As you celebrate the holidays this week with family and friends, don't forget that we aren't done with elections, San Antonio.
Early voting to replace longtime San Antonio legislators at the Capitol begins Monday, December 29, with election falling on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.
Candidates interested in replacing State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte and State Rep. Mike Villarreal, both of whom vacated their positions to run for mayor of the Alamo City, had until yesterday to file with the Secretary of State.
Here are the final lists of candidates, according to the SOS:
House District 123, formerly held by Villarreal:
- Melissa Aguillon, Democrat: Local marketing and public relations professional
- Diego Bernal, Democrat: Civil rights attorney, former District 1 City Council member
- Roger V. Gary, Libertarian: Sales and marketing professional, former chairman of the Libertarian Party of Texas
- Paul Ingmundson, Green Party: psychologist, sleep therapist, adjunct professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Walter Martinez, Democrat: former state legislator, former City Council member, local businessman
- Nunzio Previtera, Republican: Insurance agent
- Trey Martinez Fischer, Democrat: State representative, attorney
- Alma Perez Jackson, Republican: Retired
- Jose Menendez, Democrat: State representative, vice president at real estate agency
- Joan Pedrotti, Republican:
- Al Suarez, Democrat: Mayor of Converse, Texas