Match the gorgeous backdrops during the San Antonio Cocktail Conference — The Majestic Theatre, The St. Anthony Hotel, twinkly Houston Street — while upping San Antonio's attire game once and for all. We tapped Elsa Fernandez, owner of Eye Candy Boutique to style three easy-to-replicate outfits using locally owned boutiques.
Boho Night Out
“I elevated the look by adding more statement accessories — the vest, the strappy heels, the necklace. It also helps to mix textures within the outfit,” said Fernandez.
So even if the foundation of the outfit is built using solids, the upscale look can still be achieved. For Pantone fanatics, one of the colors of the year is rose quartz, and is found in the trousers featured here — you’ll be seeing plenty of it as spring comes around, but early adopters will want to don this hue ASAP.
• Rose Quartz pleated trousers, Montage
• Sueded jersey top, Niche
• Textured faux animal vest, Woven Boutique
• Strappy stilettos, Woven Boutique
• Rose Quartz & Mint statement necklace, Woven Boutique
Tailored in Tulle
Polished, comfortable and trés chic, the last outfit comes straight out of Eye Candy Boutique. Pair your favorite twirl-worthy skirt with a pressed button down and textured sweater and done.
“Give into your animal instincts with the addition of snake print flats,” Fernandez said.
• Burgundy tulle skirt (1-3X), Eye Candy Boutique
• Button up denim chambray top, Eye Candy Boutique
• Faux mohair sweater, Eye Candy Boutique
• Charcoal statement necklace, Eye Candy Boutique
• Mixed media “Flaw Less” slippers, Woven Boutique
• Structured faux snake skin/leopard print clutch, Woven Boutique
Put that holiday glam to use again. For this look, Fernandez suggests being bold with your choices. Don’t be afraid to mix metals — the dress features bronze polka dots, the studs on the jacket are silver and the chains on the booties are gold. She recommends throwing on a studded or spiked layering piece (in this case the jacket), adding a statement necklace and hitting the cocktails.
“This one’s all about using what you already have in your closet,” Fernandez said. Bonus, it transitions well from daytime (use a cardigan or blazer) to nighttime.
• Polka dot, structured, fit & flair dress, Woven Boutique
• Spiked faux leather jacket, Woven Boutique
• Mixed media statement necklace, Montage
• Chained black booties, Eye Candy Boutique