The most read food stories of the week suggest plenty of you are intrigued by Austin-based burger chain P. Terry's opening its first SA location and also by the prospect that Mama's Cafe will start serving its homestyle vittles again after a prolonged renovation.
And then there's that labor shortage facing restaurants and bars. Plenty of folks took a deeper dive there as well, even though it's a little chewier subject than whether a new burger chain is worth trying.
Whether your taste in food news runs to new openings or hospitality-industry economics, here's what folks were checking out during the week.
- Texas chain P. Terry’s Burger Stand to open first San Antonio location in July
- Long-awaited reopening of San Antonio’s Mama’s Cafe became a reality over the weekend
- San Antonio food service workers weigh in on available — but undesirable — job prospects
- San Antonio-based grocery chain H-E-B dropping fee for curbside pickup
- San Antonio-based Burger Boy's new North Central location now open