Maray McChesney, owner of Bexar Tonics
Courtesy Photo / Bexar Tonics
What two or three San Antonio-made items would you love to receive as holiday gifts this year and why?
There are too many to narrow it down!
Courtesy Photo / Feliz Modern
• I would love gift cards or merch from locally owned breweries and restaurants because I just love food and beer, especially in San Antonio.
• I also love the locally made gifts that you can find at Feliz Modern and Feliz Modern Pop. Feliz Modern, multiple locations, felizmodern.com.
• Local art and jewelry.
• Anything from BarbacoApparel. BarbacoApparel, barbacoapparel.com.
What’s the best locally produced gift you’ve ever received?
Again! Too many to narrow down! But if I had to choose, my favorite locally produced gifts I’ve received are:
• Handmade jewelry from El Puno Y La Mano. El Puno Y La Mano, elpunoylamano.bigcartel.com.
• A custom succulent arrangement from No. 9 Floral, Chocolates & Gifts. No. 9 Floral, Chocolates & Gifts, 1701 Blanco Road, (210) 232-4471, no9floralandgifts.com.
• A class card from The Synergy Studio. The Synergy Studio, 701 N. Alamo St., (210) 824-4225, thesynergystudio.com.
Why is it important for people to shop local during the holidays?
It’s important to shop local during the holidays because it helps to support our local economy, it helps to keep our friends and neighbors thriving and it also helps to reduce our carbon footprint.