Support Local Journalism, Join the SA Current Press Club.

TABC Suspends Permit of Northside Nightspot for Ignoring COVID-19 Safety Guidelines 

click to enlarge INSTAGRAM / THEWELLSANANTONIO
  • Instagram / thewellsanantonio
The Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission has suspended Northside nightspot The Well’s alcohol permit for 30 days, following "multiple complaints about large crowds and insufficient social distancing,” the San Antonio Business Journal reports.

Last Friday, a TABC press release said the organization received multiple reports of large crowds and guests without face masks — both prohibited under an executive order by Governor Greg Abbott.



Around 2 a.m. on August 16, Twitter user ZackAttack8099 posted a video at the venue, showing a huge crowd, hardly any social distancing and few guests wearing masks.

In a statement last week, The Well's owner said the video showed an incident that occurred after a walkout by its security staff and that managers have taken steps to ensure such violations won't happen again.

So many restaurants, so little time. Find out the latest San Antonio dining news with our Flavor Friday Newsletter.

Support Local Journalism.
Join the San Antonio Current Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the San Antonio Press Club for as little as $5 a month.

Related Locations

Read the Digital Print Issue

October 20, 2021

View more issues

Newsletters

Join SA Current Newsletters

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

Calendar

© 2021 San Antonio Current

Website powered by Foundation