Which likely explains why so many readers flocked to the Current's story this week about Whataburger's Kansas City debut drawing so many people that it created a traffic nightmare around the new store. Similar civic pride also drove plenty of folks to read up on SA chocolatier Nacho Aguirre's return to national TV.
In other food news for the week, a longtime Tex-Mex staple reopened in new Northside digs, and a third Pluckers Wing Bar is headed to town. Catch up on this week's biggest news stories and more below.
- San Antonio-based Whataburger opened a Kansas City location, and diners there are going batshit
- Longtime San Antonio Tex-Mex eatery Tomatillos Cafe has reopened on the North Side
- Yelp names San Antonio’s Boudro’s one of the best spots in Texas to get holiday dinner
- San Antonio chocolatier Nacho Aguirre returns to Food Network to judge holiday competition series
- Pluckers Wing Bar to open third San Antonio location near North Star Mall in January