
Dylan Harper’s outspoken father is once again stirring-up controversy, this time for suggesting San Antonio’s a boring place to live.
According to ESPN reporter Marc Spears, Harper’s dad — former NBA player Ron Harper — said he’s excited that the San Antonio Spurs drafted his son with the No. 2 pick in the 2025 NBA Draft, because the 19-year-old won’t have many distractions in the Alamo City.
“I talked to his dad, man,” Spears said Monday on ESPN. “He’s super excited about him being in San Antonio because he can focus, and he doesn’t think there’s a lot to do there. So…”
Indeed, San Antonio ranked as the nation’s sixth-most boring in a study released last week by money site FinanceBuzz.
Regardless of whether Harper’s dad and FinanceBuzz have a full handle on how much fun someone can have in SA, it seems like plenty of Spurs fans would like the rookie to stay focused.
And with Dylan nailing just 12.5% of shots from the three-point line in his first two NBA Summer League outings, he’s going to need to focus on his shooting if he’s to make an impact in the increasingly three-point heavy NBA.
Harper and the Spurs will next take on the Charlotte Hornets at 6 p.m. Thursday. The game will air on ESPN.
Subscribe to SA Current newsletters.
Follow us: Apple News | Google News | NewsBreak | Reddit | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Or sign up for our RSS Feed
This article appears in Jul 10-23, 2025.
