Monday, March 16, 2020

Chacho's Storage Unit Catches Fire — and It's Not the First Time

Posted By on Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:33 AM

click to enlarge GOOGLE MAPS
  • Google Maps
Emergency crews were called to a Chacho's restaurant Sunday night after its nearby storage unit caught fire.

According to multiple reports, the Leon Valley Fire Department responded to a call at the Chacho's on Poss Road around 10 p.m. Smoke was seen coming from the roof of a small building behind the eatery, one used as a storage unit.

No injuries were reported.

Authorities said the fire, which only took 10 minutes to put out, could have been caused by faulty wiring or a tossed cigarette. According to KENS 5, the same building ignited just a few months ago. Cigarettes were to blame that time.



KSAT reports damage is estimated at $25,000.

So many restaurants, so little time. Find out the latest San Antonio dining news with our Flavor Friday Newsletter.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

We’re keeping you informed…
...and it’s what we love to do. From local politics and culture to national news that hits close to home, San Antonio Current has been keeping San Antonio informed for years.

It’s never been more important to support local news sources. A free press means accountability and a well-informed public, and we want to keep our unique and independent reporting available for many, many years to come.

If quality journalism is important to you, please consider a donation to San Antonio Current. Every reader contribution is valuable and so appreciated, and goes directly to support our coverage of critical issues and neighborhood culture. Thank you.

Read the Digital Print Issue

March 25, 2020

Newsletters

Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

Calendar

© 2020 San Antonio Current

Website powered by Foundation