Kind of a bummer all around, but thankfully, the rest of our top food stories were largely positive.
Lots of new drinking and dining spots are set to make their debuts in coming weeks. Not to mention, this week marked the opening of the Pearl's new breakfast-and-lunch restaurant Full Goods Diner as well as Chick’nCone, a fried chicken spot with an interesting approach to serving up crispy yard bird.
We also explored downtown landmark Hemisfair and its breadth of food and drink offerings — from newly opened to up-and-coming.
- Texas' iconic Black's BBQ chain illegally let managers keep $230,000 in worker tips, feds say
- Colorful, family-friendly food truck park Rancho 181 has opened on San Antonio's South Side
- Chicken-and-waffle chain Chick’nCone opens San Antonio store, one of six planned in Texas
- Hemis-Fare: Food playing a key role in revitalizing downtown San Antonio's decades-old Hemisfair
- First Look: Full Goods Diner brings hearty fare, easy vibes to San Antonio's Pearl complex